YMC E-commerce Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join a small but well-established, fast growing and highly respected fashion label. Based in East London, you will be supporting the E-commerce manager, helping to administrate and grow the online side of the business. Day-to-day, your role will predominantly focus on processing and administration of online orders, organising stock, managing and resolving customer needs and generally ensuring that the business meets customer service expectations. You’ll also work closely with other departments in the business to ensure a seamless customer experience, helping with planning website content and marketing strategies.
YMC (You Must Create) has spent nearly 20 years developing and evolving their unique signature look. Founded in London in 1995 by Fraser Moss and Jimmy Collins, YMC creates modern, functional clothing, which eschew trends in favour of understated, wearable style.
YMC’s philosophy is inspired by industrial design hero Raymond Loewy’s reply, when asked how he saw the future of design: “You must create your own style.” This call to arms is the driving force behind the brands identity, which brings fresh inspiration to menswear and adds a subtle dose of femininity to their typically androgynous womenswear.
The ethos of taking a traditional item & reworking it to create something modern gives a timeless quality to the clothes meaning they will last for seasons ahead. With a strong, directional approach, which resonates with like minds, YMC has quietly evolved into a highly significant British label.
• Fulfillment and distribution of daily web orders and returns
• Generating weekly sales and shipment reports
• Implementing a high level of customer service
• Managing online stock levels
• Uploading product information and imagery on a seasonal basis
• Assisting on planning and execution of E-commerce web shoot
• Working with the E-commerce and Marketing managers to execute campaigns on YMC social channels
• Assisting E-commerce manager on all seasonal website changeovers
Experience & Requirements:
• Above all, a high level of organisation
• Experience within a retail sales environment (ideally key holder or assisting of management role)
• The ability to drive the highest standards in all aspects of retail operations
• Strong administration skills and strong communicator
• Flexibility to suit the requirements of the business
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Comfortable working in a small team environment
• Familiar with Photoshop
• An interest in digital marketing and social media
• Knowledge of WordPress / WooCommerce would be an advantage
To apply for this position, please email alex[at]youmustcreate.com with your CV and cover letter.