YMC Senior Garment Technologist – Maternity cover 9-12 month contract
Report: Head of Production
➢ Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a high-end Brand Environment
➢ Highly Organized
➢ Experience of Mens and Womens product essential, accessories experience beneficial
➢ Have a knowledge and track record in all aspects of knit/jersey and woven products
➢ Knowledge of quality finishing, production and testing procedures
➢ Having a proactive attitude and fast thinking
➢ Ability to work on multiple seasons at any time and effectively priorotise workload
➢ Be able to work with a team and alone.
➢ Good computer skills, knowledge of PDM.
➢ Its vital to build good relations with the team, stores, suppliers and manufacturers
• Sealing of all garments to achieve required production dates for all Mens and Womens and accessories ranges
• Control the critical path for all garments to meet deadlines each season.
• Review construction and fabric suitability and action testing where required. Evaluating test reports
• Advise Head of Dept. and Merchandisers an all sealing or production issues
• Advise on care information and labelling of all products
• Leading fit sessions with designers and merchandisers and offering technical advice, rectifying fit/construction/pattern/fabric issues and supporting the team.
• Communicate fit comments, pattern amendments and grading specs for all suppliers.
• Working closely with the design teams to achieve optimal products within the timeframes
• Approving of shipment samples to meet required ex-fty dates
• Regularly checking production for local factories
• Writing website copy with info on fabrics, care instructions, construction details and design aspects
Submit CV and cover letter to Oliver@youmustcreate.com